NCSLI VA Section Meeting
Wednesday, December 10, 2014; 9:00AM to 3:30PM
Please Join Us, ITS FREE!
Click here to visit the NCSLI VA Section Webpage
Old Dominion University Peninsula Center | 600 Butler Farm Rd. | Hampton, VA 23606
1. Take exit 261B, Hampton Roads Center Parkway,
2. Continue on Hampton Center Pkwy for 0.7mi.
3. Take Ramp onto Magruder Blvd.
4. Turn left onto Magruder Blvd.
5. Continue on Magruder Blvd for 0.5mi.
6. Turn left onto Butler Farm Rd.
7. Continue on Butler Farm Rd. for 0.8mi.
8. Destination will be on the right.
1. Take exit 262B, for VA-134/Magruder Blvd.
2. Continue on VA-134/Magruder Blvd.for 0.7mi.
3. Turn left onto Butler Farm Rd.
4. Continue on Butler Farm Rd. for 0.8mi.
5. Destination will be on the right.
Speakers’ Name: Stephen Bill, The Modal Shop
Topic: Accelerometer Theory
Speakers’ Name: Richard Hogan, ACR Technical Services
Topic: Calibrating the Fluke 5790A
Learning Objectives: Richard Hogan will explain how the Fluke 5790A/03 is calibrated using the Fluke 792A AC Transfer Standard.
Speakers’ Name: Greg Strouse, NIST
Topic: Who Needs Calibration Anyways
Learning Objectives: Greg Strouse, Leader of NIST’s Temperature and Humidity Group, will explore examples of how NIST measurement services are evolving to meet the needs of the ever-changing manufacturing landscape.
09:00 A.M. Networking/Coffee/Panera Bread
09:15 A.M Introduction Presentation
09:30 A.M. Accelerometer Theory – Steve Bill, The Modal Shop
10:15 A.M. Discussion: Questions & Comments
10:30 A.M. Morning Break & Networking
11:00 A.M. Calibrating the Fluke 5790A – Richard Hogan, ACR Technical Services
11:45 P.M. Discussion: Questions & Comments
12:00 P.M. Lunch Break
01:30 P.M. Networking
02:00 P.M. Who Needs Calibration Anyways – Greg Strouse, NIST
02:45 P.M. Discussion: Question & Comments
03:00 P.M. Meeting Discussion & Closing
03:30 P.M. Meeting End
NCSLI Coordinators Name and Meeting Contact:
ACR Technical Services, Inc.
710 Industrial Park Dr.
Newport News, VA 23608